February 14, 1998

313. Past Reflections #13 - Forgotten Whispers (1988)

     I sit here alone, wishing that she were in my arms.  I long to run my fingers through her hair and feel her body next to mine, as we sit, hand in hand, gazing up at the stars.  I see this in my heart, but I know in my mind that it will never happen.
     Her tender lips touch against mine, as I caress her back.  My dreams of love come true, as she softly whispers, “I love you,” in my ear.  I am holding her tight now, praying that she will never let go - that she will never leave.
     Is this a dream, or is it a dream come true?
     Now, she is letting go.  I feel her slipping away, and her hand leaving mine.  I’ve lost her, and she’ll never return.
     My life is in her eyes, as my future is in her smile.  My dreams are in her laughter, and my hopes are in her dreams.  She’s so beautiful, yet so far away from me.
     She looks into my eyes with regret.  She turns away and looks to me again.  Then, she looks away and walks from my sight, knowing I long to embrace her frail figure in my arms.


     I sit here alone, wishing...

     It happened today - it happened everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment