February 14, 1998

309. Past Reflections #9 - The Last Cry For Love (1987)

Hatred. Love.
A mixture that should never be combined.
The joining of two, made on the Eve Of Angels.
The human heart, saved by no one,
As our love was murdered this cruel and spiteful night.
A gun, a fire, a knife, a cry.
All made to pierce the flood of hatred, and the forbidden flesh.
The entire realm of love, lost on this day into utter madness,
Gone from all, forever.
I hold the truths of all love.
In one hand, the heart, the soul, your love, my love.
In the other, denial, rejection, betrayal, the realm of an odyssey.
The obsession never to be forgotten, in those deep eyes, and that bright,
     beautiful smile.
The story of my life --
Told by few, unheard by many.
For those who shall be loved,
And those who will, and do, love,
I say to thee:
Watch thy humble soul, and thy wanting heart.
For you may lose them, as have I, to the obsession.
Bear it well, my friend,
Bear it well, my brother,
Bear it well, my one and only obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment