February 14, 1998

341. Past Reflections #41 - The Emptiness You So Deserve (1998)

I remember watching two lovers
                                                   pass me by,
As I gazed at the love,
                                       the beauty
That filled the sky when their eyes met.

I remember watching you hold him,
                                                   tears in eyes
As you said you loved him,
                                       cherished
Every moment you spent with him.

I remember watching him leave you,
                                                    smile on his face
As your heart he betrayed,
                                        destroyed
The wondrous love you had given him.

I remember watching you leave me,
                                                     to be with him
As I turn from your tear-filled
                                         weary
Face and leave you with the emptiness you so deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment