February 14, 1998

328. Past Reflections #28 - The Old Woman (1989)

There was once an old woman who lived in a shoe.  She had so many children that she didn't know what to do.  Her husband was fat - about 350 pounds, and sat on his fat ass all day.  He beat her up and yelled at her, hit the kids and got drunk all the time.  She was so old that her used lips were loose and not a single man could satisfy such a gaping span any more.  She sat always crying saying her life was a shame.  She wondered what happened to that one boy she used to date before she became a slut and sucked everything that moved.  She saw him one day as he drove up the street, money flying out his window, the Ferrari's new red paint looking oh so sweet.  He saw her too, though he didn’t recognize her at first, for he easily forgot the one girl in the world to whom he treated the best, gave everything to, and was fucked over time and time again.  After realizing it was her, he thought to himself over and over again about the plight of the old woman.  He had such a wondrous heart that he would help out any woman in the world who needed a hand, so he drove to the cheap side of town and stopped in front of the shoe.  The old woman came running out and saw how young he looked.  Before she could compliment him or even say a word, he smiled and said to her, "You know, this is what kept me going all those times you screwed me over.  I was nice and I didn’t do a thing to get back at you, but I knew then, just as I know now, that this moment in time will hurt you far more than any punishment ever could.  Look at your fat ass husband with no life.  Look at your old, tired body and I bet you haven’t two pennies in your pocket.  Now, look at this car, this wallet full of bills.  Look at my trim, young-looking body and a picture of my house full of wealth.  This all could have been yours, but you chose to screw me over, now I laugh at you for the rest of your life, knowing every day you will see an image of me like this.  So I offer a word of advice, try to enjoy your miserable life and smile right now as I drive away, for now let me say, Good-bye, have a horrible life, may you die in a ditch!"  He jumped on the gas and the car sped away, leaving the old woman to regret her life every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment