February 14, 1998

338. Past Reflections #38 - Give Your Heart To A Stranger (1998)

What a fool I was
     to think I could come to know you.
Through the arduous days
     when we spoke of our dreams,
Through the warm evenings
     where we made so many of our early hopes
                                                           come true,
Through turbulent years,
     when we grew so far apart,
I never dreamt
     a day would come to pass
     when looking back,
     I would come to know
     the facts my eyes now do see...

You once said
     never would a soul exist
     through all of time
     that would love me
     the same as you,
Yet I come today to know the purest truth
     for your words, like you,
     turned out to not be true.

While I took such comfort in
     your loving embrace so familiar,
You turned out to be
     not worthy of my heart’s trust,
     just another in a long line of strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment