February 14, 1998

308. Past Reflections #8 - A City Of Lights (1987)

A city of lights, on the edge of forever,
   A million girls walk its streets.
A city of lights, destine for eternity.
A city of lights, when all love is gone,
   Gone into the hell of all hatred.
A city of lights, thrown into madness,
   Of all of this life, I see only you.
A city of lights, lost into Hell,
   The flame of my love for you will only grow.
A city of lights, with a thousand crimes,
   Please forgive my soul for its crimes of passion.
A city of lights, fallen into the fire of the night,
   My love for you shall always burn.
A city of lights, beyond revival,
   My heart, unable to love again.
A city of lights, a fallen mistress,
   I am not one to treat you this way.
A city of lights, the great sacrifice,
   I would do anything for one more try.
A city of lights, the neon signs,
   A dream of kissing you.
A city of lights, a published verse,
   I am committed to only you.
A city of lights, a million liars,
   Don't let him hurt you this way.
A city of lights, with little good,
   I would never lower myself to hurt you.
A city of lights, owned by the night,
   When all of this love is gone.
A city of lights, full of lost dreams,
   Dreams swallowed into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment