July 6, 1992

197. While You Were Away: No Arms To Hold Me

The sun quietly sets across the evening sky
As God’s angels flee the darkness
To leave me all alone in my dreary night.
All the lights are gone and my candle burns,
The shadows dancing on the walls, laughing at me
As I lie alone in my blue world,
My arms clutched tightly around my pillow,
And harsh, endless tears flowing down my face.
Slowly, I pass my watering eyes down to my chest
And gaze upon the cold, lifeless material locked in my embrace.
Oh, I ask myself, oh, where are you, my love?
                     Gone and left me alone.
Not one single embrace has gripped my frame
Since last my eyes met with your beauty,
And this lifeless clump has no arms to hold me,
No beautiful eyes to gaze upon, and no loving words
                     To offer me such warmth as you do.
Though I know deep in my heart, no one will ever take your place,
Here I still lie, clutching my pillow tightly,
Holding on for dear life, waiting for you to return
       To save me from this pain of loneliness.......

No comments:

Post a Comment