July 28, 1992

206. While You Were Away: Slow Dancing II: Without You

If I could recall the last time
We danced closely to a ballad
Under a starlit sky,
I don’t think I’d be crying
That way that I am right now.
A soft, subtle love song was echoing
Through my ears
As I sat quietly under the stars.
To each his own, a lady in his arms,
As I saw eyes begin to shine
And hearts slowly fall in love.
I tried not to look on...
Oh, I tried not to watch,
But soon my eyes were fixed upon
Warm, tender kissed, young, innocent glances,
And so many dreams taking shape.
My vision was clouded
And no longer could I see.
Another asked me to dance with her,
But I shook my head no, hiding my tears.
Never did I want anything more
In all of my dream-filled life
Than to take you into my arms
And dance with you to share
My warm, tender kisses,
A young, innocent glance,
And tell you all of my dreams,


Yet when I reached to me side,
you had gone so very far away.
Quietly, I wiped the tears from my eyes
To gaze up into the sky.
Just then, I felt arms around me,
Only to find your love holding me
And telling me it was all right.
The memories we’ve shared
And the spirit of our love
Got me through the saddest love song of all.
Yet what I would give to not live a memory,
But to dance with you tonight.......

No comments:

Post a Comment