July 28, 1992

204. While You Were Away: Tell Me The World Has Not Changed

Darkness of night was all around me;
Whether my eyes were open or closed,
It was all the same shade of black.
Slowly, my mind drifted away
And I left my security behind me
In my own world to venture on
Across the rainbow and the heavens
Far into such a wondrous land of dreams.
Before me you sat, my one true love.
Never had I seen you so beautiful
And never had I been more in love.
Slowly, I reached my hand to touch you,
Yet your eyes had lost their sparkle
And you cowered away.
“What is it, my sweet?” I pleaded,
Yet you only turned your eyes away.
Then your lips parted to day,
“Please...please...just go away.
It’s been so long, a world of change,
That today, you know me no more,
And tomorrow, you will know even less.”
You woke me with those words
And from the land of dreams I returned.
Now, here I sit, waiting for you to come home,
Wondering if dreams can be reality,
Or if my reality of loving you forever
              Was nothing but a dream.......

No comments:

Post a Comment