July 20, 1992

203. While You Were Away: I Will Never Run Away

Take a walk on a sunny day.
Look across the blue sky,
Listen to the sounds of the world,
And pass your eyes over all its beauty.
Think with such passion, my love,
As you walk in the beauty we share,
What all this world would be
With out my eyes to gaze upon you,
Without my arms to protect you (hold you),
Without my words to give you love,
What do you see without me by your side?
Last night as I lay in my sleep,
I had such a nightmare that
You ran away from me
And I had to live my life of an angel’s tears
Without your eyes, your arms, and your words,
And I felt such a horrid pain.
Ask yourself, dear girl, what your life would be
Without me by your side...
Now that you have realized how painful
Such a thing could be...
I will tell you that I will never run away
So that you will not know what life is
Without my love to gaze upon, protect you (hold you),
       And give you more than you could ever dream of.......

No comments:

Post a Comment