July 6, 1992

198. While You Were Away: I Look To You, Yet You Have Gone

I turned over my shoulder yesterday
To look beside me so that I might see
Your longing, loving eyes gaze into my heart,
And take me away to your heavenly world,
Yet you were gone...you, whom I looked to for love,
              life, and my hope, gone away.
I looked down, trying to hide the tears that were falling.
My body weak, I lie softly in my bed,
And close my eyes to run to you in my dreams,
Roses soft as your face in my hands
And my love as wondrous as your beauty in my heart,
Yet, though I search endlessly, I see you not.
Where are you, my love?  Oh, why have you gone away?
Tighter and tighter I hold the roses,
As my eyes long to see you, the thorns cutting my flesh,
Teardrops of life leaving my frame forever...
“Show me!” I cry.  “Show me your face that I may live!”
And still, nothing appears; Only the pain is here,
The quiet, murderous pain stalking my heart.
If only I can keep it in on piece
              Until you come back to me.......

No comments:

Post a Comment