May 13, 1992

196. While You Were Away: To Cursed Tears

Wretched, cursed tears, how I tried to hide you,
So that she could not make out your frame on my face.
She needed to see you not, but so I would think,
                  neither did I.
You know she is to leave, but I ask you, cursed tears,
                  what may you do?
Ease her leaving, you wretched fool,
Be gone, cursed tears, until after...
       after your eyes have looked upon her the last,
For tears may make her want to stay here in this horrid place,
       and deep inside, you know she wants to go away.
Why keep her here if she will not be happy?
Hold you back, I will, cursed tears,
       so that you will not sway her favor,
For what matters is not me, but what is in her heart,
       as we both know if she wanted to stay, she should,
       and if she wants to run away, nothing will stop her,
                                     and she will go,
       so why should you make her feel the same pain I do?
Oh, cursed tears, let her run, run so far away,
       to leave me here with you, my scorned, wretched, cursed tears.......

No comments:

Post a Comment