July 20, 1992

202. While You Were Away: I Shed A Tear For The Roses

I went to the flower shop today
       To visit the roses.
Funny, I’d forgotten what they looked like
       Without you here to give them to.
As my eyes met with their beauty
       And my hands met with the delicate petals.
I could not shake the image of you
       Painted deep in my heart.
I felt a tear fill my eye -- yes, only one
       Just alone like I am without you here.
With vanity in my soul,
       And all of my endless dreams in mind,
I once thought I was invincible--
       That I could conquer anything in all the world,
But now that you are not here,
       I’ve realized such a beautiful thing--
Without you, I have no dreams to fulfill
       And no one in all the world that I could share
       The beauty of these roses with.......

No comments:

Post a Comment