July 17, 1992

201. While You Were Away: All Of This From Just The Sound Of Your Voice

Quietly, the darkness hangs about me
As I lie here alone in my bed.
The early-morning sky has seen no light
And neither have I since you went away.
My chest aches from the excitement
And my love is soaring through the clouds.
How I’ve longed to hear your voice--
So much that my ears have ached
And my soul could hear no other song
That the one your voice sends to me--
And now, finally, I await the moment
To hear you say my name,
To hear you tell me it will be all right.
I was at the end of my rope,
No where to go but fall down
Because I had not heard my song
In what seemed to be years.
Just hearing your voice on the other end
Made my heart want to live again,
And I knew then, at that second,
Just what life was all about--
The reason I am here, and write these words,
Is to show all the world what life can be
Through a love more beautiful
Than anything mere man could ever see.
Here I lie, my mind and heart on you,
Wishing two weeks to pass away,
For that is when finally, my aching, tearful eyes
Will rest their glance on the one true thing
I will forever and always hold
More precious than all the world’s gold,
More endearing than the hearts
Of over one-hundred thousand young maidens--
The beauty and love I see in you,
Always and forever...my one love so true.......

No comments:

Post a Comment