July 8, 1992

200. While You Were Away: Upon Writing My 200th Poem...

Looking back, from just only yesterday,
To far back when my skies were forever grey,
I have read all of the The Poet’s words again--
All the pain that would haunt one thousand men,
If only they had lived the life of the stranded,
The tormented, loveless...me, the unwanted...
So many days, months, and years are all in the words,
Soft as the roses, yet strong as the swords.
So many gifts--I’ve given it all away,
The roses, the sea, the night, the day,
The stars, the moon, the sun,
And now that it is all done,
I cannot help but shed two more tears,
One for me and one for the years.
From the sad depths of the sea
To the highest mountain where hearts run free,
I have ventured through sun and rain,
Felt the deepest love and the worst of pain.
Though the words have taken a turn,
There is still so much more to learn
About how one girl’s happiness could change me,
And make me see the things I never see.
It is hard to say goodbye to a painful yesterday,
The times when love hurt in every way,
But as I turn my back and walk further on,
I await this new day, this glorious new dawn
              Where all of the verse is about only you,
              And our live are forever one and never two.......

No comments:

Post a Comment