March 30, 1992

187. When You Say "I Have To Go"

One day I’ll go out walking,
And I’ll be able to take you with me.
You won’t have to worry about
Any of those things you say aren’t more important
Than spending your time with me.
You must consider -- if these things
Aren’t more important, why does it seem
              they always come before me?
How is it that I route my entire life -- every moment --
              around you; to make it better for you,
And all you can seem to find is three and a half minutes
              to hold me, give me a kiss, and send me on my way.
All I want to do is show the world--
The beauty in a sunset by the shore;
To feel a soft, warm breeze kiss your face;
The wonders of the sea I’ve come to adore,
              almost as much as I adore you.
I dream of the day when you will find the time
To sit quietly with me and not have to go;
To let me show you the beauty of my blue world
              and just how wondrous my love can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment