March 19, 1992

184. How I Long To Take You Away

Listening to you cry,
I felt so helpless,
As if I could not do a thing.
How I wanted to be there with you,
To hold you in my arms so tightly,
And make the pain go away.
So troublesome this world can be:
Even though my love is so strong,
Sometimes its beauty can’t make you smile.
And hen I see this happening,
I dream of such a wondrous reverie,
Where we can share a world of peace,
                        a world that is all our own.
Gently gliding on the evening sky,
I’d swoop down on wings like an angel
And take you away from the world’s strife,
                        away to a much happier place.
This world is not a world, but a place in the Heavens,
Where dreams become reality,
And reality is all but a dream.
How I long to take you there, my love,
To the one moment in all a life time
When everything in the world is gone,
And all that is left is you and me.
Someday, my love, I will take you there,
                        take you there, time and time again.
And just to show you how much I love you,
                        to show you what you man to me,
When your eyes awake from their dream,
They will see the dew-kissed, early-morning rose
                        that I will be handing to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment