March 18, 1992

180. Don't Listen To My Words, Just Look Into My Heart

Don’t listen to me, my love,
       (This is the only time I’ll ask you to ignore me)
When I say I wonder
       Sometimes why it seems like you don’t care.
I’m still trying to understand why
       Those words passed my lips.
Maybe it’s because
       No sun in this world
       Could ever match
       How much I love you.
You must understand
       That once I saw only the darkness
       Of the midnight sky,
              Not seeing that the dawn
              Would surely come.
I just couldn’t comprehend
                     that you really love me,
But now that you’ve said it,
       And shown me in so many ways,
I no longer wallow in my darkened
                            midnight shadows,
But can’t wait to see the sunrise,
       To start a new day,
                     a new day I’ll share with you.......

No comments:

Post a Comment