March 19, 1992

182. Daydreaming With You

Clanging words, echoing sharply
       Off these boring walls of white.
Small, closed little room,
       Oh, why do I have to sit here?
Stuck in m y little corner,
       Here at the front of the class,
My eyes fighting to stay awake,
       My mind quietly begins to wander off.
Cloudy vision before my eyes,
       As finally, I awake into a dream.
Suddenly, I’m walking along
       A slow-moving brook.
The water sounds softly as it passes the rocks,
       Clearer than the bluest ocean ever was.
All around me, on both sides of the stream,
       Young seedlings, a few years old, reach towards the sky.
And beyond them ,flowing, age-old trees,
       Casting occasional shadows on the sunlit ground,
Circling around the quiet valley,
       Locking the stream safely in their embrace.
Delicate song glides upon the warm breeze,
       As birds in the branches five ode to the sun.
With such beauty all around,
Enclosing me within her embrace,
What else would make such a scene complete,
       Than to feel the gentle touch of your hand.
Quietly startles to have you with me in my dream,
       I turn over my shoulder to see you,
       To see you walking with me.
Your eyes are so wondrous,
       A subtle tint of green from the forest,
       Glimmering in the sunlight.
Your lips, so red, brilliant and bright,
       Part with such tenderness
       To show me the smile I love so much.
Your strands flow freely behind you
       Kissed by the warm summer breeze,
       Shining golden as we walk through the trees.
Reaching a clearing in the seedlings,
       I stop in my tracks, pulling you close,
       Bring you near to me, and gently, a kiss.
My lips touch yours with such a  wondrous feeling,
       Your hand gently holds the nape of my neck,
       And you sigh softly, your breath tickling my nose.
Slowly pulling away from our lips’ embrace,
       I look deep into your beautiful eyes,
       Hoping you see the love I feel for you.
I lower my hands down to yours,
       And hold them out together before you.
       “Here, hold out your hands,” I say.
You look at me, puzzled, but keep out your hands,
       As I look away, bend down to the ground,
       Picking up a small rock, sending a  squirrel scurrying away.
I stand up again, our eyes locking together once more,
       And smiling, you ask me in that curious tone,
       “What are you doing?”
“Nothing,” I say, smiling back at you,
       As I drop the rock into your open hands
       And place my two hands over yours.
“You see this small little rock in your hands?”
       I ask you; You not at me,
       Those beautiful lips still locked in a smile.
“Compare it in size to all the world,
       This wondrous, beautiful world
       That sits so immensely around us.”
You take your eyes away from mine,
       Looking all around you,
       Biting your bottom lip like you do when you’re thinking.
“This small little rock closed so tightly
       In your hand is all of the love
       And the happiness I’ve given to you this far,
“And all this world around you,
       The trees, the horizon so distant,
       Is the size of all the love I have yet to give you.’
Now, I hold you tightly in my embrace,
       Whispering, “I love you,”
       And sharing with you my dreams.
Suddenly, just as quickly as it came,
       The dream leaves with the cloudiness,
Leaves me sitting here in my corner,
       The boring white walls staring at me again.
I hear that annoying school-bell ring,
       And quick to my feet I rise.
Darting straight for the door,
       I emerge in the sunlight.
Walking quietly now, walking all alone,
       I look up only to see you.
Rushing over to you, I take you in my embrace,
       And tell you, “I love you,” a smile on my face;
       If only you could see the vision I just dreamt.
Look deep into my eyes and you will see,
       All the dreams that I have of you and me,
       Together, sharing, and forever in love.
And when I’m not here, holding you close,
       Just look up and gaze at the beauty of the world,
       Because my thoughts and my love are always with you,
Walking gently through the woods,
       Locked tightly as one with the world’s romantic beauty,
       And telling you always, my world is yours.......

No comments:

Post a Comment