March 18, 1992

179. Never Could You Take Too Much Of My Love

Upon a soft ocean breeze, carrying tide to sea,
Upon the current of a winding river,
                cutting through the forest floor,
My heart sails swiftly, running with beauty’s wind.
I remember the days long gone
                      with the wind and the rain
When my heart sank quietly in a puddle of tears,
       cursing life through dismal fears,
Until, softly, a hand reached out to me
       and rescued my life from itself,
       for you were that special someone
       who opened a new door to life,
              just when I was ready for the grand exit.
Sitting by my ocean blue, remembering my dreams,
                                my dreams of you,
I owe to you all the happiness in this life,
                the smiles,
                     the beauty I see in the world,
So if you wanted anything in the world,
       to have my way, it would be yours,
                     yours just as am I.
Such wondrous gifts you’ve given me,
       so how could your life ever burden me?
I do all that I do, my love, to show you
       that should you be walking one day,
                     and lose your way,
       I’ll always be beside you, to dry the quiet tears,
              and make your life beautiful with the passing years.


No comments:

Post a Comment