December 18, 1992

227. To Share A World

When memories pass over shadowed dreams
And the nightmares I once called my life,
I sometimes wonder how I made it through
And even what I'm still doing alive.
Forever in doubt, the days were cold,
The nights, desperate cries for help.
During the alcoholic afternoons
Of those lazy, misguided days,
I dreamt time and time again
Of a constant, trembling fear;
The fear that my life of such wondrous words
Would never matter to another soul,
And that from my birth through my final verse,
I would forever live a life alone.
Faces and names have come and gone
Since I dreamt of such heartache.
Some faces to be remembered, some forgotten,
Few to be embraced, many to be pushed away,
Yet, never did I meet someone
To take away my fear of loneliness
Until my life was blessed and I realized
Last night, I met
      the girl of my dreams;
Funny how I've known her
      all these long years.
Right before my eyes, she had to teach me
Of what happiness and love meant
Through her loving eyes and stubborn smile.
She put the nightmares in the past
And made my life heavenly, passionate bliss
So that one day we could share a world
Where nothing matters but happiness
      and the life we are destine to share...

No comments:

Post a Comment