December 17, 1992

226. Now I Leave You Behind

Put into your mind, my young angel,
Who thinks she's seen enough of the world
To tell me about life,
This ghostly image.......
Picture the sea crashing against the shore
With a large, glowing sun
Directly in front of your eyes,
Falling slowly behind the horizon.
Now see me, the boy you once loved,
Walking away from you towards the ocean,
Never looking back to you,
Only pushing steadily on,
Until finally, I disappear
Into the sea of my destiny.
Does this image strike your heart
Or is it still too cold to care?
Either way, whichever your heart will chose,
Remember that you pushed me away
When you try to come into my life again.
For when I am there, there with our dreams,
And you are nowhere to be found,
Though I may miss you, I will not feel pain.
I will only remember how I gave you everything
And you repaid me by going away
And coming back to me with a cold heart,
The same cold heart that one day you will see in me...

No comments:

Post a Comment