December 25, 1992

229. Crying On Christmas

A year ago today,
       You brought tears to my eyes
              When you gave me a glass frame,
                     And in it...a picture of us.
My life was so happy.
       I thought it was always perfect.
              Never again would I cry
                     Unless it was a happy tear.
Now it's gone by,
       Complete...a full year,
              And I sit here crying,
                     Knowing your smile,
                            your eyes,
                                   your lips that kiss,
All belong to another--
       And the worst pain of all
              Is that your heart -- my one true love --
                     Has gone away,
Running freely about that heart of another;
       Running like the tears across my midnight sky,
              That will, like the Heavens, never,
                                          never die...

No comments:

Post a Comment