January 19, 1992

166. Once I Cried A Joyous Tear

The soft lights were so delicate on your frame.
I could see those beautiful eyes looking out to me.
The gentle sound of the music echoed through my ears--
But most of all, I will always remember how I felt
Watching you dance upon that stage.
You moved with such grace, such beauty
That my eyes never left their glance upon you.
Few things in this world have ver touched me so deeply
To where I’d shed a tear of joy,
Yet as I watched you move
       And thought of you and me
       And all that we share, my vision was blurred by
              tears of happiness I thought I’d never see.
I remember all of the times we will always
                                     call our own--
The smiles, the laughter, the love.
And as I wiped these tears from my eyes,
       I felt the joy of knowing there will be more tears to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment