January 19, 1992

165. A Dream Come True

I was walking alone.
Softly, with a quiet tone, the wind whispered
                                     into my ear.
“What is it you want?” the breeze asked me.
Slowly, I closed my eyes and returned my answer...
“I want to feel the surprise of a summer rain,
Yet be loved constant-never-changing.
Give me happiness and love--
Someone to cherish more precious
       Than all the world’s diamonds and gold.”
I felt the wind begin to move faster
                          around me.
Sternly, the voice shook my ears...
“You will have happiness strong and true
In a brilliant smile during days anew.
You will have more precious than diamonds and gold
In soft brown eyes and a love to always hold.”
Suddenly, before I could reply,
                          the wind was no more.
I then felt a gentle hand touch my face.
I opened my eyes and you were by my side
       To cherish, to love, and to share with my life.......

No comments:

Post a Comment