January 4, 1992

159. Innocence Lost II: Missing The Way You Were

Settle your soul, dear girl,
Of the wants and desires you feel,
For soon, the alcohol will fade away,
And I will be but a memory
In your cloudy mind and thoughts.
You tell me what luck I have,
              How fortunate I am,
To have such a beautiful girl that loves me,
And then you run your fingers over my lips...
I remember watching you grow up,
My friend’s little sister,
And now, here you are,
Bottle in hand,
       Sexuality in mind...
Oh, what happened to the little girl
       With the pink, lacy dress?
I shake my head, pulling away,
       As you try to kiss me.
Would you have done the same
       After sobering dreams?
Whatever the answer,
       I know I’ll always miss
       The little girl with the
              Innocent eyes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment