December 15, 1991

156. Slow Dancing

The Music Echoes quietly in my ears,
The evening sky, clear and beautiful above,
The stars, the moon, the dim lights over the water,
Softly give color to your smooth skin,
Your eyes dark as they look into mine.
The feel of your arms around my neck,
     Comforting and warm;
My hands on your waist, holding you close.
Subtle scent of your sweet perfume,
I breathe from such beauty,
As you are so near to me.
We move as one, your tender lips meeting mine.
You sing to me in your quiet tone--
Words to a melody I’ve heard I know not how oft,
But now, from your lips, the song
     Makes me a slave to love.
Under the moonlight, that dress so pretty,
     But nowhere near that gorgeous smile.
Looking at you, as you glance into the night,
     I think of the wondrous relationship
     We have forged through the rainy days,
     And warm, loving nights, sharing our dreams,
     As I hold back the tears of joy I feel
          Swelling over my eyes.
Come what may, through the good times,
     And even, should there be, bad times,
I will always be dancing there with you,
     Your wondrous beauty in my arms,
     And my heart in your hands,
     The Music Echoes...Forever.......

No comments:

Post a Comment