December 15, 1991

152. So That We Shall Be Together

I sit here
In this quiet room,
              With my words,
That were once cold and painful,
But now, they are warm as they speak of you.
Cold winter rain
Is coming down
To make me wonder
Where you are.
How I dream and think of you,
Wishing at this moment
       That you were by my side,
Longing to run my fingers through your hair,
And feel you here, next to me.......


I see us, sitting silently,
       Gazing up at the stars.
I remember thinking
       That this would not happen,
       That we would never be this close,
Yet now, your tender lips touch against mine,
       As I caress your soft skin.
My dreams of love come true,
       As, softly, I whisper, “I love you.”
I hold you so tightly.
       Praying that you will never leave.
My life is seen through your eyes;
My future is in your smile.
My dreams are in your laughter;
My hopes in your beauty.
Never will I let anything come between,
       So that we shall be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment