December 13, 1991

148. A Portait Of You

What countless hours I give
To just sitting in the dark,
Eyes on nothing but a dream
And the portrait of you painted in my mind.
Your eyes run so deep;
An ocean stirring within my soul--
With waves rolling to my heart,
Carrying it out to sea
With the tide that sails my love
                         for you.
The water, a deep blue, crashing against the cliffs,
As birds fly overhead, the sun disappearing
                               beyond the horizon.
You dance upon the evening sky,
Such as the bright moon to a dim star,
Your figure falling down into my arms
As I carry you off to such a world of beauty
Where roses never wilt, the wind blows never too cold,
Where the portraits never fade to lose their brilliant colors,
                          and my love for you never dies.......

No comments:

Post a Comment