December 15, 1991

154. The Boy In Your Heart

As beautiful as they are,
It’s not your eyes, dear girl
     nor the skies,
That tell your tale anew,
That speak of life’s happiness
     And the wonder the world could have,
But it is the boy in your heart
     And how he feels about you.......


My love for you could take a wilted rose,
     And make brilliant velvet petals once more.
I think of you only twice each day--
     When I am awake, and when I sleep.
My love is always here for you
     To pick you up should you fall,
     And even if it seems that the world
     Is turning its back on you,
     I’ll still be there to dry your tears,
     And give you my love through the years.
Forever, I will be here--
Of losing me you should never fear,
For you’ve captivated me in such a way,
That I look forward to waking up each day,
Just to hold you in my arms.
Yet words of love could never tell you
     Just how special you are to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment