December 15, 1991

151. Why I Do The Things I Do

Do you ever wonder
       Why I do the things I do?
       Why my eyes are constant,
              Forever looking at you?
       Why I kiss you so often?
       Why I grin that way
              When I see you each morning?
       Why I take your hand?
       Why I always want to hold you so near?

I do it to make you smile:
       The way your eyes glimmer
       As you smile could always make
       My heart bleed a tear of happiness.
I do it to make you laugh:
       The cute, girlish giggle
       That says, Forget your troubles,
       I’m here with you now.
I do it to make you wonder:
       Does he really care as much
       As he says - could it be true?
       I tell you, my love,
       Words could never be truer.
I do it to make your heart race:
       The way it does when someone
       Surprises you,
       Or just make you happy.
I do it to make your sky a gleaming blue:
       For never would I do anything
       Other than give you the best,
       To make your days bright, never sorrowful.
I do it to make your tears only joyous ones:
       If I had my way, never again
       Would you shed a tear
       For sadness and what was lost,
       But for happiness and what we have gained.
And most of all,
I do it because you’ve made me so happy:
       You’ve allowed me to be one with you,
       To give you a love I’ve only dreamt of,
              And a chance to make you as happy
                                       as you’ve made me.

No comments:

Post a Comment