January 17, 1994

272. All This Love Undone

Your angel-eyes will never understand
What my heart is telling you.
I think you shall never know how I long
For you to love me as you used to.
You know not how hard I try
To give you all that you may desire,
For I would risk my life for your heart,
Throw my body into the fire.
I listen to you say you still love me,
As further and further you drift away.
You say you long to be mine again,
Yet you close up to me more each day.
You once were so open with love
That you cared not what I did wrong,
For in the morning, you'd forget
And awake me by singing a love song.
Not it seems you hold a deadly dagger
And wish us to be forever apart.
What soul lies within your eyes,
That would wish to run such daggers through my heart?
How my heart has grown to fear
That day you no longer care,
For you have pushed me so far away,
That when I cry out, you are not there.
It seems as though you may be forever lost,
All our love, All these moments undone,
As our hearts and souls begin to part,
Never again in this world to be one...

No comments:

Post a Comment