January 17, 1994

271. Little Girl Lost

Your angelic eyes will never see
What my heart is trying to say.
I've shared so much with you
Over the years of our lives...
I've watched you grow up with me,
I've even heard your passionate sighs.
I've walked the endless road with you,
Together we've traveled
       To the edge of Heaven.
I've seen you slip away
Into a world much too deep
For your own heart to handle,
Where evil wears the face of friends,
And souls are bought and sold.
SO hard I fought to find you,
To reach through the dismal gloom,
And pull you out of that world,
Bringing you to safety by my side
Where love could be your protector.
And once I had you safe with me,
I turned my head away from you,
Not even long enough to  escape your face,
And you again were traveling that dark road,
Journeying once more into that world
Where not even my love keeps you safe.
So now, here I sit,
No idea where you are, or who you're with,
Or even if you still breathe alive.
I've lost you once again
To the evil bearing the face of friends.
No matter how hard I try,
You still refuse to see
That you are not gaining friends,
But losing the destiny meant for you and me.
You've pushed me away so far,
As you explore this world
You think your heart desires,
But perhaps once you do realize
What a mirage your world has become,
It will be too late for me to pull you out,
Much too late for me to return to your arms...

No comments:

Post a Comment