January 19, 1994

273. Tiffany's Birthday

Today was Tiffany's Birthday
   And I remembered how it used to be,
Those two long years ago...
All was so wondrous,
   It seemed a dream come true,
And she loved me with all her heart.
I remember dancing with her,
Sharing in all her joy and bliss,
Gazing at her beauty...my beauty.
Who would have thought on that day,
   That I would fall in love so deeply,
   Then, like a fool, throw it all away.
We once shared the most intimate dreams,
   Dreams of lifelong bliss
   And a love the world has never seen.
Oh, I remember how she loved me,
   How she cherished our love
   With innocent, caring eyes.
Never have I forgiven myself
   For tossing such a wonder away,
And my soul knows I never will.
I spent one birthday
   With my precious Tiffany,
And so it will remain forever.
She will celebrate many, many more
   With others in her heart;
   Maybe someday with her children,
And though her gorgeous eyes won't see,
   I will celebrate the same January 19th
   When I sit alone in regret, and bow my head to cry.......

No comments:

Post a Comment