May 9, 1992

194. The Picture Of You I Adore

I listened to countless hours
Of constant whining and complaining
About how silly and funny you look
In the picture you never wanted me to see,
Yet, my love, I ask of you this:
How could I not simply fall in love
With that cute, adorable smile you have,
Those dimples that I could write an endless novel about,
That perky little nose I love to kiss,
And those soft, warm cheeks I love to caress;
Your long, silky strands I run my fingers through,
The same strands that tickle my nose when we embrace?
But look at the eyes in that picture, my dear--
All the mysteries and wonders hidden
In those brilliant yet soft, loving eyes,
That innocent glance of beauties yet to come.
So give me your hand and look to the future,
As your eyes do in that picture,
And decide where you want to go and I’ll take you there......

No comments:

Post a Comment