April 19, 1992

193. Without Me

When I stop to think about us,
I can’t help but cherish the happiness
I feel deep in my heart,
Yet it’s the things that try to keep us apart
That I can never conquer
              No matter how hard I try.
When you tell me such things
       As they want me around less,
       And that you should be with someone else,
It sometimes makes me feel
       (Oh, how I wish it’s not true)
       That maybe it would be better for you,
       Or maybe that’s what you want,
              And you just can’t tell me
              That you don’t want me anymore.
I don’t know, maybe I’m lost
       In a world I just can’t understand,
       But the pain I feel in my heart right now,
       Just makes me wonder
              If you’d be better off without me,
              And if you’re thinking the same.......

No comments:

Post a Comment