May 10, 1992

195. While You Were Away: Without You, I Am Incomplete

The strong hand of the wind pushed at my frame
As I watched the clouds slowly rolling in.
The soft green grass alive with spring’s youth
Turned rough and dead under my bare feet,
The rough, sharp edges pointing into my flesh,
Leaving my life to flow freely out and away.
The trees all around so full of life and joy,
As they swayed in the breeze, playing with the sun,
Shriveled away into twisted, dead spears.
The sun was shortly gone and the lights faded away.
The scene became black and rain fell on my head.
I thought maybe I could still find my way in the dark,
But soon the water crept up to my knees, then to my waist,
And no matter which way I trudged through this sea,
The water seemed to grow higher and higher,
And though I was moving, I moved not anywhere.
Before I could react, or even stop to think,
The water was caressing my shoulders and my neck.
I tried to swim off the ground, but it did not work,
And soon I felt my last breath would be nigh.
Though I woke to find myself alone in my bed
Just before the water took my last treasure of air,
This is how I saw my beautiful world
If I could no longer share it with you.
Each time you turn and walk away from me,
Letting your hand slowly, gently pull away from mine,
A part of my soul, a part of me, leaves with you.
Whether you are gone for a minute, an hour, a day, or a month,
That part of me is with your heart deep inside,
Protecting, comforting, and just holding on tight,
And it’s gone from me while you are away
Until your return to my side--
So how is it you would think I could live
This life of an angel’s tears without you here,
                              with a part of me gone?
Fear none, my love so sweet,
       Without you, I am incomplete.......

No comments:

Post a Comment