April 19, 1992

192. Take My Hand And I'll Lead You Through The Mist

Yet never could those images compare
To the beauty that surrounded you that night.
The water slowly coasted by at our feet
And through all of the confusion and chaos,
Through the misty fog and the cold air,
We had our one quiet spot
                           where we talked
And that was when I knew our love was real.
Subtle love songs echoed in the background
As I held you so close to me,
       As I fell so in love with you.
As we watched the water under the night sky,
       A seal slowly swam by
And that just made a beautiful thing
                           more perfect,
As if it was a sign that what we had was so right.
You seemed so in live with me that night,
       And forever will it be set in my memory.
And should you ever think about me and you
       And come to doubt anything we share,
Just remember how you felt as I held you then,
       For I will always take your hand
                           and show you the way.
Just put your trust in me,
       For I love you far too much
       To ever let something harm you,
       Or to even want to let you go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment