February 12, 1992

172. Wrap Your Arms Around Me And Never Let Go

When I knew I wouldn’t see you again
For quite a long while,
I asked you to wrap your arms around me
So I could feel you so close to me one more time.
The memory of how it felt is what keeps me going
Each day while you are away.
Lying here alone, darkness all around me,
Cold air making me shiver,
When I close my eyes and listen to the rain.
I can feel your arms around me.......
The warmth of your touch is on my face,
The smell of your perfume fills the room,
The sound of your voice whispers, “I love you,”
In almost a haunting tone.
Although you are so far away,
I can still feel your embrace,
Your love wrapped around me,
And that’s all that keeps my heart beating
And my spirit wanting to push on
Until you come back to me.
                   How I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment