February 12, 1992

169. Without You Here

I noticed today
       As I was walking alone
       On the sidewalk of a lonely street,
       Kicking up water in the puddles
       And being occasionally splashed by cars that drove by,
       That whenever you leave me and go away
       The rains and thunder gloom my day.......
There was not a blue patch in all the sky above.
The feeling of my clothes, soaked through with rain,
       My frame cold and empty of emotion,
       Is just how my heart feels when you’re not around.
I wonder if you really miss me
       And if you look forward to seeing me,
       Or if they’re all just empty words that you say.
Then I realize I only think like that
       Because I can’t even think straight without
       You here to hold me together,
       To take me in your arms and show me why I live.......
        To write my words and to make you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment