February 12, 1992

170."If I Could Give You More"

To count the hours I spend
Sitting in the dark, dreaming of you
Would take such an eternity.
How often it come to pass
That I sit and just think
Of all the things I could do
Just to show you what you mean to me.
Even if.......
              I gave you all the roses in the world;
                     and made them never to wilt away;
              I handed you a shinning rainbow,
                     to make you smile, brighten your day;
              I gave you the stars from the midnight skies,
                     so they could shimmer in your beautiful eyes;
              I handed you the entire world,
                     hoping no one would notice I took it,
Such elaborate gifts could never match
What our love has given me.
So I offer you but a quiet smile,
                     loving words,
                     my every emotion,
                     and a promise to only you
In the hopes that they will somehow show you
My love is only yours, so deep and true.......

No comments:

Post a Comment