August 22, 1990

96. Innocence Lost: Blind Justice

Having just left the sight
       of your loving eyes,
I see now that
        the love you denied me
        and the sex I denied you
                could never conquer what we’ve forged
                       through the years........
                                                friendship.
Games, Money, Religion, Injustice, Sex...
      These of your world are yours,
             mine are mine.
                           Our lives shall not be one,
      but two separate lives we live
             on our own.
You live your life..........I’ll live mine
       and our paths, when they do cross,
       shall again be one bond...........
                                         friends.
Transition complete,
        my jealousy is now worry.
               Where I once would hate that boy
                                   who was at your house until
                                        three-in-the-morning,
        I now worry that he kept himself in line
                                     and didn’t hurt you.
This may not be true justice,
       but it is the little sanity
                                  I have.
Needless to say, we shall always be
       two separate lives
       bound by our past
                                  Am I wrong?
                               Or are you wrong?
Who is to say?
       Whatever the truth will be,
            I shall now stand at your side;
            worrying,
                   caring,
                        devoting,
                               as a friend should,
            ignoring flaws.


Still I wonder what motivates you so...
         Sex, it seems, but is there something else?
                                 I know you will not tell!
         But I shall be your friend.
Take care,
         and always remember, despite our flaws,
                                     I am here,
                                            and will be here
                                                    for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment