August 3, 1992

212. While You Were Away: Life Is What You Make Of It

Regardless, my love, of what has transpired,
I still love you with all of my heart,
Even more than I did the day you left.
Now that you are home,
I don’t want you to be with me
Because it is all you have here.
I want to be loved by you,
But only because your heart desires
The love and precious life I can give
To you, the one girl I love so much.
I missed you while you were away,
And so many things have happened,
Yet, there is one thing you must know,
I want to spend these days with you,
Sharing all of this life, these words,
And most of all, this love in my heart.
And now my dear, tell me you want the same,
If that is truly what you feel in your heart.
If you feel differently, I will understand,
Just do not tell me my tears hurt you,
For if you leave, my tears will be forever.
Why don’t we share our beautiful love
Instead of wondering now that we are one again,
For what I want in life is your happiness,
And I will forever believe
That your happiness lies with me,
Yet life’s dream is your choice.......

No comments:

Post a Comment