August 3, 1992

211. While You Were Away: How Could You Not Want To Come Back To Me?

The most profound words
I could not write to you,
For I have missed you for so long.
What do you wonder, my love?
Do you think now,
Our love will not fair well?
Are you truly happy to see me,
Or just doing your best
Just to deal with what you have,
Settling not for what you want,
But what you will take as second-best?
I’ve wanted you here;
The nights were never joyous,
Though jest and play were there,
For you were gone from my side.
How could you not want to come back to me?
What hurts more, I wonder,
The tears I cry now,
Or the tears that fell while you were away?
What would you rather,
Stay here with me, or run away again?
Decide what you may,
For I will always love you,
But in what way do you love me more,
Missing me in your joyous time away,
Or loving me now that you are home?.......

No comments:

Post a Comment