September 30, 1993

249. "Because Of Me..."

I've seen a young girl's tears
That would make the sky fall.
Such pain was in her cries,
Her heart slowly sinking in sorrow.
Yet, of all the tears I've seen,
Even tears from my own eyes,
Never did any hurt me so deep
As the tears I've caused you.
From this day through my life
I will forever have a dark spot
Sitting roughly on my solemn heart,
My regret for causing you pain.
Words could never make up to you
For the childish games I played.
This I know for these words
Have done nothing to stop my sorrow.
My dearest, please forgive me so
For all the wrongs I have done
And know from this day forward
I will never hurt you again.
Promises may be broken,
And lies are easily told,
But as sure as the sun burns,
I can't tell you what hell it's been
Knowing that you, my one true love,
Cried a painful tear
            Because of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment