September 30, 1993

248. Daydreaming From The Shadows

To try and count the times
       I've watched you smiling,
                                        from afar,
       Would take from now until
  We were both old and grey.
How often I've stood in the shadows
       Far away from your glance,
                                        your eyes,
       Watching your every breath,
  Waiting for your every laugh.
Each day passes on and on,
       And still I haven't found,
                                        haven't seen,
       Any way in which I could say
  All that I've longed to give to you.
Almost every night as I sleep
       Dreams of you fill my mind,
                                        my soul,
       And these dreams we share,
              Hand-in-hand, together we stand.
If only one day my dreams could be
       The reality I've always wanted,
                                        always needed,
       Where you are forever at my side
              And all in the world is just you and me......

No comments:

Post a Comment