September 29, 1992

217. While You Were Away: A Part Of You Will Always Be Gone

I didn’t want you to go
For some selfish reasons, I suppose,
Yet the true reason was
I knew my splendor in your heart,
All of the dreams and wonder I gave,
Would fade like a still portrait
Left out in the rain.
I hold you in my arms
Now that you are home,
And still, you feel not the same
As when you left.
A part of you was left behind,
Dreaming forever in Barcelona..
You tell me you’re happy to be here,
Back in this horrid place with me,
Yet how can I believe that,
For I took you to seethe ocean,
The beautiful beach we called our own,
And you no longer said,
“What a beautiful sight,”
But sharp from your tongue,
My shore was no longer beauteous
Because “the Mediterranean is prettier.”
With those words, I felt only one thing;
That my world and its treasures,
Even my love and my dreams,
Were no longer good enough
For you and all you think you have seen.......

No comments:

Post a Comment