September 29, 1992

215. While You Were Away: Temptations

I knew not what it felt like
To have you gone so far away.
My heart was in such turmoil
And each night I’d cry,
       Cry myself to sleep.
My arms longed to hold you so,
And I felt like I was incomplete.
Many-a-night I’d be out walking,
Trying to forget
How long would pass
Until my eyes would see you again.
Wicked hands reached out,
Trying to take my away from you.
Temptations and grandeur,
I turned each one away,
For I was in your heart,
And so I Belonged To You.
Such warranted dreams
I wanted to fulfill,
Yet I shattered their chance
Of becoming reality
For I had pledged my love to you.
And with such temptations,
I knew you had yours...
All lone in a far-off land,
No hand of theirs to control you.
For the first time in its span,
Your life was your own.
You told me he tried to kiss you,
Yet you turned and walked away.
Believe you, I would,
If your love seemed the same,
Yet now, your love is not passion,
And I cannot help but wonder
What is true, or what is false.
You tell me I was your only thought
Through all the time you were away,
Yet now that you see me,
It is as if you missed me
                     none at all.
Hiding behind these tears,
I cannot say what I believe,
But maybe if you tried
To show me your love,
I could believe that it was true.......

No comments:

Post a Comment