November 9, 1990

122. Timeless Whispers Calling

If I were to count
      the hours I spend thinking
                          of you,
      how much more time would it take?

Just imagine if I said
      I sometimes miss you (your smile);
      would you even care?

There’s something in the air
      that smells like roses
      back from the days I once knew.

Oh haunting dreams call to me
      from your once-forgotten lair
      of tattered hearts and broken souls.

If only I could walk again
      without these words
                   in my eyes,
      then would you notice me?

Imagine if I said
      I sometimes long to hold you (your heart);
      Oh what would you say?

That something in the air;
      it sounds like whispers
      from the future I long to see.

Oh wondrous visions that flow through me
      of you and me by the shore,
      sharing the dreams in our hearts.

For what beauty I see
      can only lead me to
                   ponder
      on the many years I would wait for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment