July 12, 1990

79. Angelic Dreams

  Darkest night,
       I lay restless upon a bed of
       Angelic white feathers,
       Yet they prick into my back,
       Swords of love’s tattered warriors.
  Oh, shadows of the evening sky,
       Ease the pain of conquests failed,
       Let the world’s happiness be mine.
       Take from me the suffering you always give,
       Lay upon me a new life.
  Suddenly, no moon, no stars, no light.
       Blackness lies before my eyes.
       When across the midnight sky
       A bold rainbow spans.
       Oranges, Blues, Yellows, Reds, darkness gone.
       How your light has made me joyous!
       Reds, Yellows, Blues, Oranges, ever-changing lights.
  I fight the sleep, yet the colors fade.
       Softly, I whisper,
       “Give me a dream so that I may live tomorrow;
       Make this life livable, complete.”
  When I awoke, I turned to see my
       Wish had been granted,
       For sitting there, watching my sleep
       Was my new life...
                                  You.

No comments:

Post a Comment